Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What are some good devices for sound aversion?

my dog responds best to tactics using sound aversion. there are simple fixes like rattling a can with rocks in it, but i'm also looking into other devices, like horns, sirens, etc. -- anything that makes a terrible sound (that won't damage his hearing).


where can i get stuff like that?

What are some good devices for sound aversion?
A dog whistle works well. I don't use a silent one, but I use a high pitched dog whistle that I bought from PetsMart that'll occasionally catch my dogs' attention until I can get to them to stop what they're doing.





They'll pique their ears sometimes, but I don't think it hurts any worse than a loud siren that I've seen people use. My cairn can walk right past the whistle without a care, but he's not a sound-reactive dog.
Reply:Hi





A "Airhorn would get their attention" Worked for my kids, when they wouldn't wake up.





Best of luck.



skin tags

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

horns Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting